Eligibility of Non-Thai Nationals to Enter Thailand


        Under the Declaration of an Emergency Situation, Eligible travellers who are allowed to enter Thailand are as follows:

  1. Exempted persons

Exempted persons or persons who are specified, permitted or invited by the Prime Minister or Chief official responsible for remedying the emergency situation to enter into the Kingdom pertaining to necessity, whereby conditions and time frames may also be prescribed;

  1. Diplomats and international organizations officers

Persons on diplomatic or consular missions or under International organizations, or representatives of foreign governments or agencies performing their duties in Thailand, or any other persons in international agencies, that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs gives permission pertaining to necessity, including their spouse, parents, or children;

  1. Family of Thai nationals

Non-Thai nationals who are spouses, parents, or children of Thai nationals

  1. Certificate of residence holders

Non-Thai nationals who have a certificate of residence, or have been permitted to take up residency in the Kingdom;

  1. Work permit holders

Non-Thai nationals who have a work permit or have been granted permission to work in the Kingdom in accordance with Thai laws, including their spouses or children;

  1. Students

Non-Thai nationals who are students of educational establishments in Thailand approved by Thai authorities, including their parents or guardians, except for students of non-formal schools in accordance with laws on private schools or of any other similar private educational establishments;

  1. Foreigners with medical appointment

Non-Thai nationals who need to receive medical treatment in Thailand, including their accompanying persons, except for treatment for COVID-19;

  1. Foreigners under a Special Arrangement or have been granted permission by the Prime Minister

Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter the Kingdom under a special arrangement with a foreign country or have been granted permission by the Prime Minister – all of whom must strictly adhere to the Kingdom’s communicable disease prevention and control. 

       (8.1) Approved Thailand Elite Member

       (8.2) APEC Card Holder

       (8.3) Long Stay Visitor:

               - Non-Immigrant O-A Visa Holder

               - Non-Immigrant O-X Visa Holder

        (8.4) Medium-Term Visitor

               - Tourist-TR Visa Holder (single entry)

               - Businessman and Investor (Non-Immigrant B Visa Holder)

        (8.5) Special Tourist Visa (Tourist-STV) Holder

        (8.6) Approved Film Crew Member


        If you fall within one of the above mentioned categories, you are entitled to request for Certificate of Entry (COE) to enter Thailand, which can register online via https://coethailand.mfa.go.th